Inspired Bicycles have just announced the release of yet another new bike, the Skye Pro 24″ street trials bike. Based around the groundbreaking Skye frame and fork developed by Inspired for Danny MacAskill and kitted out with their Pro spec level components, the Skye Pro retails at £1799 and is perfect for the dedicated street trials rider on a budget. Danny’s world-famous bike just got more affordable!
The instantly-recognisable frame and fork feature the same bolt-through hubs (20mm up front and 12mm at the rear) as the original Skye, maximising stiffness and ensuring that everything will stay in place no matter what. The one-piece bottom bracket and chainstay yoke helps to improve the overall stiffness, giving sharper reactions and a lively and responsive ride.
The disc-only frame features exclusive-design seat and chainstay tubing for improved crank and heel clearance and the compact dropouts and neat CNC gear hanger maintain the clean and stylish look of the frame.
Inspired have kitted the Skye Pro out with parts from their own range, as well as components from Trialtech and Truvativ, to give a durable and high-quality build at a more affordable price. The Truvativ Holzfeller riser bar, Trialtech stem and FSA Orbit headset, as seen on their Fourplay Pro bikes, take care of steering duties. The sturdy and reliable Truvativ Holzfeller trials cranks create the platform for an excellent drivetrain with a KMC chain, Trialtech platform pedals and sprung chain tensioner completing the setup. Braking duties are taken care of by Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes front and rear, giving the rider the level of control they require. The wheels are Inspired Pro rims built onto Trialtech’s super-smooth, bolt through disc hubs.
Head over to the Inspired website (http://inspiredbicycles.com/inspired_skye_pro_bike_p47.php) for more information and check out their dealers page (www.inspiredbicycles.com/dealers.php) to find out where you can get your hands on one of these great new bikes!
Technical Specification, weight and price
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Inspired Skye, 12mm bolt through axle, Bright Orange
- Forks: Inspired Skye, 20mm bolt through axle, Bright Orange
- Front hub: Trialtech Disc, 20mm bolt through axle, 32h, Black
- Rear hub: Trialtech Disc,12mm bolt through axle, 32h, Black (Custom made)
- Chain tensioner: Trialtech Sport, Black
- Front rim: Inspired Pro, Black
- Rear rim: Inspired Pro, Black
- Spokes: Stainless PG
- Inner tube (front): Maxxis
- Inner tube (rear): Maxxis
- Front tyre: Maxxis Holy Roller 24 x 2.4″
- Rear tyre: Maxxis Holy Roller 24 x 2.4″
- Front brake: Avid Elixir 5 180mm Disc, Black
- Rear brake: Avid Elixir 5 180mm Disc, Black
- Cranks: Truvativ Holzfeller, 175mm, Black
- Front sprocket: Truvativ 22T
- Chain: KMC Z610
- Freewheel: Trialtech Sport 16T, 72 engagement
- Pedals: Trialtech Race Platform, Black
- Bottom bracket: Truvativ Howitzer
- Bashring: Truvativ Trials
- Saddle: Inspired Kevlar Pivotal, Black
- Seatpost: Inspired Pivotal
- Seat clamp: Inspired, Black
- Headset: FSA Orbit Equipe, 1-1/8″, Black
- Stem: Trialtech Sport, Froged, 90mm x 35˚, Black
- Grips: Trialtech Race Rubber, Black
- Handlebars: Truvativ Holzfeller, Black
- Wheelbase: 990mm
- Chainstay: 380mm
- BB Height: +10mm
- Head Angle: 73˚